This chocolate chip peanut butter healthy cookie dough is just that – healthier! And so good. Made with chickpeas in place of all the butter.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soft tub light margarine or butter (I used Brummel and Brown yogurt spread)
- 1 tablespoon egg whites (can omit if not baking)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup flour (whole wheat or regular)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark, milk, or semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar and margarine together. Add the chickpeas, egg whites and vanilla. Beat until smooth (see notes). Stir in peanut butter.
- Add flour, oats, baking soda, and salt to the bowl and mix again until a soft dough forms.
- Eat, refrigerate, or freeze the dough. If you want cookies, bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes, until just slightly set. Do not overbake. Makes 12-15 cookies/cookie dough balls.
My mixer wasn’t quite strong enough to do the trick (plus there were chickpeas flying everywhere) so I switched over to the food processor to get the chickpeas blended. Then I transferred the mixture back to the mixing bowl.
The cookies won’t flatten out much during baking, so if you want a flatter cookie, you should press the tops down before baking.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy cookie dough, chocolate chip peanut butter cookie dough, peanut butter cookie dough