These Honey and Olive Oil Zucchini Muffins are made with healthier ingredients and no refined sugar. Super moist and delicious with big puffy tops!
- 3 cups grated zucchini (I used about 2 whole zucchini)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup olive oil (light or mild tasting)
- 2/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raw honey, softened
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, vanilla, olive oil, maple syrup, and honey. Stir gently until mixed; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir to combine and make a well in the middle. Pour the wet mixture from step one into the well and stir just a few times until barely combined. Overmixing makes the muffins tough and hard, so I try to limit myself to 15 big around-the-bowl stirs.
- Pour the batter in a muffin tin greased with nonstick cooking spray or lined with paper cups. You should be able to get 6-8 jumbo muffins or 15-16 regular sized muffins. Bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and the tops spring back when you press on them.
You can definitely get by with less sugar in this recipe by reducing the amount of maple syrup and honey. However, I liked the combination of both sweeteners together much better than either one of them on their own (for both taste and texture), so keep both if you can.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini muffin, honey zucchini muffins, healthy muffin, olive oil muffin