This Hot Honey Salmon is giving off major fancy-to-eat-but-not-fancy-to-make vibes. Spicy-sweet salmon coated in fresh garlic, stone ground mustard, sweet honey, and flecks of red peppers flakes. It’s a magical little number!
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup stone ground mustard
- 3–4 cloves of garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional, for color)
- 1–2 pounds salmon (I usually buy it in one filet and then cut into 3-4 individual pieces)
- Make the sauce: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix the sauce ingredients in a small dish.
- Bake the salmon: Line a baking sheet with foil (optional, but makes cleanup much easier). Place salmon skin side down. Brush or spoon the sauce over the salmon, getting it really well coated on top. Bake for 8-10 minutes depending on desired doneness and the thickness of your salmon filets, and broil for just a few minutes at the end to get it extra browned and pretty on top.
- Finish and serve: Top each piece with more red pepper flakes. Serve with little lemon wedges, plus a green salad and maybe (for surely) a hunk of hot, crusty, buttered bread. Dreamy.
Salad hack: If you take care not to dip your raw salmon utensils back into the sauce, you can repurpose any remaining sauce as a dressing for some spring greens! Just add a little olive oil and red wine vinegar, and there’s your dressing. Easy green salad, done.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked salmon recipe, hot honey salmon, easy salmon recipe