My go-to for garlic bread! French bread, butter, fresh garlic, garlic powder, Parmesan, and parsley. It’s so simple and so ridiculously good.
- half a loaf of French bread
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Soften the butter in the microwave in short increments. I like to whisk it to get it smoothed out a bit.
- Grate the garlic directly into the butter. Add the garlic powder, Parmesan, and parsley; stir to combine.
- Cut the French bread in half and spread with the butter mixture (this amount of butter is good for half of one large French bread loaf – see photos above).
- Bake for 9-10 minutes in the middle of the oven, adding an extra 1-2 minutes or bumping to 425 at the end for more browning.
- Remove from the oven, cut into slices, and serve. Life is good.
For the exact amount of bread, see photos above! The photo with the French bread next to the baguette – that shows how much bread I use for this amount of butter. It will all depend on the size of your loaf, but I use half of the (very large) loaf of French bread that I buy at Target.
If you use unsalted butter, be sure to add a pinch of salt to the butter mixture!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: garlic bread, homemade garlic bread, soup sides, cheesy bread