These Inner Goddess Chocolate Truffles are made with just six healthy ingredients – dates, nuts, almond meal, cocoa, vanilla, and sea salt. So delicious!
- 14 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup nuts (any kind – I like to use pecans)
- 3/4 cup almond meal (or any other finely ground nuts)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (more to taste)
- cocoa, sprinkles, and flaked coconut for topping
- Soak the dates in hot water for a few minutes to soften. Drain and squeeze out excess water.
- Pulse the nuts, nut meal, and cocoa in a food processor until finely ground. Add the dates, vanilla and sea salt and pulse until a thick, sticky dough ball forms. Remove the dough ball from the food processor – taste and add any salt or other flavors you want (like peppermint extract around the holidays – yummay).
- Roll the dough into small balls – you should be able to get 18-24. Roll the balls in toppings of your choice like cocoa powder, chocolate sprinkles, or flaked coconut, or you can just leave them without any toppings for a not-super-cute-but-still-tastes-good snack. Place on a baking sheet and store in the freezer until they are hard enough not to stick together. Transfer to an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator or freezer.