This Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings is the most comforting, delicious bowl of goodness. Chicken, veggies, pre-made biscuits, seasoning, and all of it made creamy by the humble potato. YUM!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2–3 cups mirepoix (diced trio of celery, carrot, and onion – you can often buy this pre-chopped)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 large Russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 lb. chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3–4 cups chicken broth
- 12 ounces of refrigerated biscuits (about 6 biscuits), cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- optional: fresh thyme or rosemary sprigs for cooking, and fresh parsley for serving
- Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot except the peas. Throw some fresh herbs in there if you have them – sage, thyme, etc. If not, don’t sweat! This is shortcut cooking. Just turn on the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 7-10 minutes.
- After about 10 minutes of resting, use the “quick release” to let out the steam. Gently break apart any pieces of biscuits that got stuck together with two forks.
- Pull out the chicken and shred it or chop it up. Add it back in with the peas. Taste, season, and serve!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot chicken and dumplings, chicken and dumplings, chicken recipe