Coconut Tandoori Chicken made with rich spices and creamy coconut milk. EXTREMELY EASY and so, so yummy.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 14 ounce can coconut milk
- Freezer Version: Mix everything together in a freezer-friendly bag or container. Place in the freezer and store up to three months. When you’re ready to cook, follow the directions below!
- Instant Pot: Add everything to the Instant Pot. If it’s thawed, cook for 5 minutes manual high pressure + 10 minutes for natural release. If it’s frozen, cook for 15 minutes manual high pressure + 10 minutes natural release. Shred and serve over rice!
- Slow Cooker: Add everything to the slow cooker. If it’s thawed, cook for 4 hours on high, or 6 hours on low. If it’s frozen, cook for 6 hours on high. Shred and serve over rice!
If you let the sauce stand for about 15 minutes before serving, it should thicken up slightly and take on the texture of a light gravy or curry sauce. I find chicken thighs are pretty small and usually cook quickly, but make sure you check to make sure they’re fully cooked if you are working with larger chicken thighs. I like to add a side of greens with this recipe to round out the meal – something like steamed broccoli, sautéed spinach, or a green salad.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Indian-inspired
Keywords: coconut tandoori chicken, instant pot coconut tandoori chicken, instant pot tandoori chicken