Kitchen Sink Sunflower Salad – featuring a veggie rainbow of brussels sprouts, sweet potato, beans, cucumber, and kale, and then drenched in this creamy, clean-eating sunflower dressing! YUM.
For the Sunflower Dressing
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- pinch of garlic powder
- 1–2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1–2 teaspoons cumin
- freshly ground pepper
- water to thin it out to taste
For the Salad (this part is open for interpretation based on what you have!):
- 1 sweet potato
- 10 brussel sprouts
- 2 cups kale
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup black beans (or any beans)
- protein of choice (we used two crumbled veggie burgers )
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- Whisk the dressing up in a small bowl, or run it through the food processor until smooth.
- Chop everything up.
- Season the sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts. Drizzle with a tiny bit of oil and roast at 425 degrees until nice and brown.
- Toss it all together! YESSSSS PLEASE!
Misha says: “I’m very particular with my sunflower butter, as I find not all are equal. Here I really do recommend the Trader Joe’s sunflower butter with the yellow and blue container design. DO NOT use the green/yellow sunflower seed butter from Trader Joe’s. It tastes completely different, and not at all good good in my opinion.”
Misha also says: “For the yogurt, you can use Greek or not; Trader Joe’s French village whole milk yogurt is highly recommended.”
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: kitchen sink sunflower salad, sunflower butter salad, vegetable salad