A super fresh, super summery Lemon Herb Pasta Salad! Packed with tangy marinated chickpeas, chewy pasta, lots of herbs and garlic, lemon juice and olive oil, and a handful of parmesan to top it off.
- 1 14 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (DeLallo)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated or crushed into a paste
- a generous squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare marinated chickpeas by combining everything together in a shallow bowl. For the best flavor, allow this to marinate for 8 hours or overnight. But hey, if you don’t have the time, just let it all hang out while you prep the rest of the pasta. It’s all good.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. While pasta is hot, toss with marinated chickpeas and allow to cool slightly.
- Add more olive oil (as needed). Add lemon juice and zest and herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Add in Parmesan cheese last so it doesn’t completely melt. Serve warm, cold, or room temp with extra lemon, Parmesan, and herbs as needed!
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Toss
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pasta salad, lemon herb, chickpeas, marinated chickpeas, DeLallo, summer salad, herb salad