Lemon Lavender Muffins are springy and light. It’s muffin meets spa. Perfect for Mother’s Day brunch! ♡
Lemon Lavender Muffins:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender buds (affiliate link)
- 1 lemon – juice and zest
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Original Almondmilk or Vanilla Almondmilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse the sugar, lavender, and lemon zest in a food processor until smooth. The goal is to break down the lavender. Set 1/4 cup aside.
- Beat the 1/2 cup sugar, butter, and eggs until fluffy. Beat in honey, almond milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients gently until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a prepared muffin tin (I just greased mine, no liners). Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and the tops spring back when you touch them.
- Whisk ingredients together for glaze. Pour a spoonful over the top of each muffin and sprinkle with reserved sugar.
If you want to make this totally dairy-free, you can use your favorite butter substitute.
If you are sensitive to the flavor of lavender, use one teaspoon instead of two, or put the sugar mixture through a fine strainer to remove the larger pieces of lavender.
Don’t overfill the muffin tins unless you want goofy little tops like mine have.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon muffins, lavender muffins, lemon lavender, muffin recipe