This Lemongrass Chicken with Rice and Zucchini is OMG-level good! Tender chicken thighs, sautéed and then simmered in a creamy coconut and lemongrass sauce, sits next to a steamy pile of jasmine rice, fresh herbs, and your choice of veg.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed (optional), minced
- one 1-inch knob of ginger, grated or minced
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass or lemongrass paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- one 14-ounce can coconut cream (similar to but thicker than coconut milk)
- juice and zest of one lime
- salt to taste
- cilantro and/or basil, chopped
zucchini or broccoli or a nice lil green salad
- Cook the chicken: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken thighs, sprinkle with spices, and cook for 8-10 minutes until cooked through. Remove from pan. Once cooled, shred / pull into small bite-sized pieces.
- Make the lemongrass sauce: Add the garlic, jalapeño, and ginger to the chicken pan (you don’t have to wipe it out – save all those good flavors). Sauté until fragrant. Add the lemongrass and brown sugar; stir to combine. Add coconut cream and bring to a low, gentle simmer. Season with lime zest, lime juice, and salt.
- Finish: Add chicken back in to the sauce. Stir in some fresh cilantro or basil just before serving. Serve over rice with any veggies that you like. And now enjoy this amazing flavor moment. ♡
For the chicken, I prefer it to be a little more roughly chopped rather than perfectly cut pieces, so I like to do a combination of shredding and then run my knife once or twice through the whole pile of shredded chicken.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Thai-Inspired
Keywords: lemongrass chicken, chicken recipe, lemongrass recipe