Mediterranean Quinoa Bowls with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce! A mix of quinoa, cucumbers or kale or spinach, feta cheese, kalamata olives, and pepperoncini!
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce:
- 1 16 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained (or roast your own red peppers and win the food game!)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup almonds
For the Mediterranean Bowls (build your own bowls based on what you like)
- cooked quinoa
- spinach, kale, or cucumber
- feta cheese
- kalamata olives
- thinly sliced red onion
- fresh basil or parsley
- olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper
- Pulse all the ingredients for the sauce in a food processor or blender until mostly smooth. The texture should be thick and textured (see picture).
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions (I always do mine in a rice cooker while I get everything else ready). When the quinoa is done, build yourself a Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl!
- Store leftovers in separate containers and assemble each bowl just before serving, especially the greens and the sauces, as those will get soggy when stored with all the other ingredients.
For a vegan version, replace the feta cheese with white beans.