Balsamic Strawberries with Greek Yogurt – a favorite recipe of one of my favorite healthy food blogs, A Couple Cooks. A great healthy dessert!
- 2 cups strawberries (1 pint)
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 15 ounces Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- A few mint leaves
- Fresh ground pepper
- For the berries: Wash the strawberries and slice them. In a small bowl, mix the berries with 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar. Let sit (macerate!) for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Prior to serving, add a few grinds of fresh pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt and about 2 tablespoons honey, or more or less to taste.
- Chiffonade a bit of fresh mint.
- To serve, place a dollop of the yogurt in a bowl. Top with berries and mint.
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberries with yogurt, greek yogurt snack, balsamic strawberries