No-Bake Salted Caramel Cups! Oat crust with a soft salted caramel center, topped with chocolate and sea salt. Perfect for a quick snack or dessert!
- 1½ cups Quaker Rolled Oats
- 1½ cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup pretzels
- 8 whole medjool dates, pitted
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- a pinch of coarse sea salt
- 1 cup thick caramel – could be homemade salted caramel, date caramel, or store bought caramel pieces melted into a sauce, but make sure it is a little bit salty!
- 2 cups chocolate chips, melted
- sea salt, optional, for topping
- CRUST: Pulse the oats, pecans, and pretzels in a food processor until broken down into small pieces. Add the dates, coconut oil, and sea salt and pulse until a soft dough forms. Refrigerate for about 15-20 minutes to help the mixture become easier to work with.
- CARAMEL: Meanwhile, prepare the caramel and melt the chocolate.
- ASSEMBLY: When the crust mixture is firm enough, press into a muffin tin, leaving a well in the center of each. Add a tablespoon or two of caramel into each cup and top with chocolate. Sprinkle with sea salt if you want. Refrigerate or freeze until hardened. Remove from muffin tins and serve (give them a little time if they’ve been frozen). Yummmmmy.
The crust for these can also be made with the Peanut Butter Pretzel Energy Bites base!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American