Life-changing Homemade Oreos that are soft, buttery, moist, perfectly dense chocolate cookies stuffed with cream cheese frosting. SO GOOD.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box Devil’s Food cake mix
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Beat cookie ingredients together with an electric mixer until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll into small one or two tablespoon balls. Place on a baking sheet. (Chill the dough for about 30 minutes if it’s too soft to roll.)
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Beat frosting ingredients together with an electric mixer. Using a plastic bag with the end cut off, or a pastry bag, pipe a swirl of frosting onto one cookie and gently press a same-size cookie on top. Voila! Store in the refrigerator – or on your cold porch if you live in Minnesota!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade oreos, oreo cookies, cookie sandwich, sandwich cookies, cream cheese frosting