All the Thanksgiving sides you need – made easy in one hour! Roasted garlic mashed potatoes, herbed squash, and maple mustard brussels sprouts. Perfect for a small gathering!
Roasted Herbed Squash:
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced, + olive oil and salt
- 1 teaspoon Simply Nature Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
Maple Mustard Brussels with Walnuts and Cherries:
- 1 package brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut + olive oil and salt
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Dried Cherries
- 2 tablespoons Specially Selected 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
- 1 1/2 pounds round potatoes + olive oil and salt
- 6 cloves garlic, + olive oil and wrapped in foil
- 1/4 cup Countryside Creamery Salted Butter
- 1/4 cup broth or milk
- 1/4 cup Friendly Farms Sour Cream
- kosher salt to taste (I used about 1 teaspoon)
Optional extras to serve from ALDI:
- Butterball Turkey
- Chef’s Cupboard Stuffing Mix
- Sweet Harvest Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- L’oven Fresh Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- Roasting Everything: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place squash and potatoes + seasonings on a sheet pan or roasting pan. Place brussels sprouts + seasonings on a sheet pan or roasting pan, cut side down. Roast squash and potatoes for 15 minutes. Add brussels sprouts to the oven; roast both pans another 20-30 minutes. During the last 5-or-so minutes, add the walnuts and cherries to the brussels sprout pan to get them nice and toasty.
- Roasted Herbed Squash: Season to taste – this one is pretty much ready to go out of the oven!
- Maple Mustard Brussels: Toss roasted brussels with maple syrup, olive oil, and Dijon mustard. Season to taste.
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes: Pull the peels off the potatoes if you want – I don’t mind them so I usually leave them on. Mash potatoes by hand or use a stand mixer to mash until they break down. Add in roasted garlic, butter, milk or broth, and sour cream. Season to taste.
- Serve: Serve up your beautiful spread of roasted garlic mashed potatoes, herbed butternut squash, maple Dijon brussels sprouts with whatever else you love on Thanksgiving!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: one hour thanksgiving, thanksgiving sides, small thanksgiving, sheet pan thanksgiving