One Ingredient Socca! Amazing, crispy, golden brown, flaky flatbread that requires just ONE ingredient. Just mix, pour, bake, and done!
- 1 cup chickpea flour (affiliate link)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (and extra for the pan)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Whisk all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons additional olive oil into a large cast iron skillet. Pop the skillet in the oven for five minutes to heat the oil. (See notes on skillet sizing.)
- Pour the batter into the hot, oiled pan and swirl to spread evenly across the pan. Depending on pan size, you might want to do this in two batches (see notes). Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden and crispy around the edges. Annnnd you’re done! Good luck not eating the whole hot, crispy thing in one sitting!
Pan size: The size of your cast iron greatly impacts the end product and how thick / thin / crispy it will be. I used a 10-inch cast iron skillet and I actually split the batter in half and made two separate soccas in order to get them extra thin and crispy. In theory, you could pour all of the batter in and cook it all in one shot. But personal preference: those crispy, thin edges are EVERYTHING. So I prefer to split it into two batches when working with my 10-inch cast iron skillet.
Pan type: I have only used my cast iron for this. I think it could work with another oven-safe skillet but I have not tried it. Let us know in the comments if you try it!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: socca, socca bread, chickpea flour bread