This One-Pan Farro with Tomatoes and Kale is a straight-up DREAM! Rustic farro cozied up to cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic, and kale. So good and so wholesome!
For the Farro
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup farro
- half an onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- a few stalks of kale, stems removed, chopped into small pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (optional, but makes it a bit more luscious)
Extras for Serving
- red pepper flakes
- fresh basil
- chicken, meatballs, or a fried egg
- Start the simmer: Add water, farro, onion, garlic, tomatoes, and salt to a medium sized saucepan. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Add the kale: Add the kale. Simmer, uncovered, for another 15 minutes.
- Finish and serve: Stir in the olive oil, and… you’re done! The farro should be chewy but soft, and there will be just the slightest amount of really delicious brothiness left in the pan. Top with your favorite things – I highly recommend the Parmesan and the red pepper flakes. It’s almost too simple and too good to be true.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: farro recipe, one pan dinner, kale recipe