These Oreo fudge ice cream bars have a deliciously thick crust of crushed Oreo cookies, fudge, and creamy peanut butter ice cream. A major crowd pleaser!
- 1 lb. (1 package) Double Stuf Oreo cookies
- 15 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups (1 tall can) evaporated milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 gallon ice cream: choose a flavor you like to make it interesting! Swirled with caramel, stuffed with peanut butter cups, etc.
- For the crust: Crush the Oreos in a food processor until fine and crumbly. Melt 7 tablespoons of butter. Add the melted butter to the crushed Oreos and stir to combine. Press the mixture into a 9×13 pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator or freezer to set the crust.
- For the fudge sauce: Take the ice cream out of the freezer so it starts to soften. (I do NOT recommend over softening the ice cream in the microwave because in my experience, it did not refreeze as well.) In a medium saucepan, melt 8 tablespoons butter, chocolate chips, evaporated milk, and powdered sugar. Stir continuously until the mixture boils. Let the mixture boil for 8 minutes, stirring continuously. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Assembling: Pour the fudge sauce over the crust. Allow to rest for a few minutes so the fudge sauce continues to cool. Scoop the softened ice cream over the crust and spread or press gently to create an even top layer. It’s a little messy – that’s ok. It doesn’t have to be perfectly smooth. Freeze again for a few hours or until solid. When you’re ready to serve, let the pan sit out for 10 minutes so it softens. This makes it easier to cut and eat.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oreo fudge ice cream bars, oreo ice cream bars, chocolate ice cream bars