This Coconut Oil Granola is our ULTIMATE FAVORITE recipe! Made with pecans, pistachios, golden raisins, honey, oats, and coconut oil.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 heaping cup pecans, chopped roughly
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pistachios, chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Mix all the dry ingredients together (except the raisins – set aside for later). Whisk the wet ingredients until smooth. Combine the wet and the dry ingredients in a large bowl until the mixture is moistened.
- Spread the mixture on the baking sheet in a thin layer (use two pans if necessary – I just use one 10×15 jelly roll pan).
- Bake for one hour, stirring every 20 minutes. During the last 20 minutes of baking, stir in the golden raisins. When you remove the granola from the oven at the end, don’t stir it right away – the granola will form crunchy clusters as it cools. Yum!
To ensure clustering, use 1 cup coconut oil and 1/4 cup honey. The more sticky the mixture, the more clustering will happen.
I made a few batches on parchment paper but I didn’t like how those turned out with the oil sort of absorbing into the paper. If you have a nonstick baking sheet, I’d recommend going without parchment paper.
This recipe is not as good when you reduce the coconut oil. I tried making this recipe with about 1/2 cup coconut oil and it seemed really dry to me.
Be careful with the nuts! If you pulse them in a food processor and they get too fine, they’ll make the granola dry because it almost acts like a flour. I recommend just roughly chopping or barely running them through your processor.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: coconut oil granola, homemade granola recipe, healthy granola recipe