This dreamy Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream is naturally sweet with just bananas, peanut butter, vanilla, and cinnamon. 330 calories. YUM!
- 3 large, ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a super teeny-tiny dash of cinnamon
- sea salt to taste
- roasted peanuts for topping
- Cut the bananas into small chunks and freeze until solid, at least 1-2 hours. Transfer the bananas to a very strong blender and blend until smooth and creamy. This will take a few minutes and may require periodic pauses and adjustments. It’s very loud and intense since the bananas are frozen, similar to adding ice cubes to a blender. Within a few minutes, you should be seeing a thick, creamy ice-creamy mixture in the blender.
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, sea salt, and anything else you might like in there. Pulse the blender quickly to stir the ingredients all together and when everything is mixed, serve immediately. Top with additional peanut butter and crushed roasted peanuts.
You can put this back in the freezer to eat part of it later, but the consistency loses some of its wonderful velvety-ness when you re-freeze it, so just eat the whole thing now. I command it. If you absolutely must exercise self control and save the rest for later, running it through the blender again before serving might help.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter ice cream, peanut butter banana ice cream, healthy ice cream