Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies! These are classic in a way that only peanut butter, oats, and two types of chocolate chips can be classic.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (chunky is nice too!)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped milk chocolate (or just chocolate chips)
- 3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate (or just chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the peanut butter, vanilla and egg until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir until just moistened. Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until evenly distributed. Drop by tablespoonfuls on to lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges start to brown. Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
This makes about 25-30 cookies for me.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip peanut butter, oatmeal chocolate chip, cookie recipe