5 Ingredient Pumpkin Alfredo – creamy, luscious, and so super simple. Perfect fall comfort food!
- 8–12 ounces DeLallo fettuccine egg pasta (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid in case you want to thin out your sauce.
- Heat the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic; saute until soft and fragrant. Add the pumpkin and heavy whipping cream. Simmer until slightly thickened. Add the cheese and stir to combine.
- Toss the pasta in the sauce and thin as needed using the reserved cooking liquid. Top with additional Parm and season to taste (I used at least one teaspoon coarse sea salt). Serve immediately. ♡
A few sage leaves or rosemary sprigs can take this to the next level! Add with the garlic and pull out just before the pumpkin and cream are added. I used 8.8 ounces of fettuccine and I thought I would have way too much sauce, but the sauce thickens up and the pasta sort of soaks it up (plus I love a lot of sauce on my pasta) so it ended up being just about right. If you want LESS sauce, a) WHY? and b) just take a few scoops out of the skillet before adding the pasta. You could always add it in later if you come to your senses. As the pasta sits, it does thicken to the point of possibly needing some thinning out. I just tossed in a little water to keep it creamy and loose.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired
Keywords: pumpkin alfredo, pumpkin pasta, fall dinner recipe, creamy pumpkin pasta, fettuccine alfredo