Pumpkin Rigatoni with Rosemary Walnut Crispies! Silky, creamy, savory pumpkin-sauce-bathed rigatoni sprinkled with rosemary walnut crispies. The BEST.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or minced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1–2 teaspoons kosher salt
- squeeze of lemon
- 1 lb. rigatoni
Rosemary Walnut Crispies
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1–2 tablespoons brown sugar (I like 2)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)
- black pepper to taste
- Rosemary Walnut Crispies: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Run the walnuts through a food processor until they have a chopped texture. Arrange chopped walnuts on a small sheet pan and toast in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss with rosemary, butter, sugar, salt, and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Pasta: Cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce: While the pasta cooks, heat the butter in a skillet over low heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant (do not brown the garlic – it tastes bitter). Add the pumpkin and broth; simmer until smooth. Add the cream and salt; simmer until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Add a little squeeze of lemon juice if you’re into that. Add cooked pasta to the sauce.
- Assemble: Serve pasta in shallow bowls with a sprinkle of the walnut crispies on top, and a little sprig of rosemary for a fancy garnish if, you know, you’re fancy.
Vegan Version: Use olive oil in place of the butter, and full-fat coconut milk in place of the cream. (The vegan version is not quite as rich but it’s really, really good.)
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin pasta, pumpkin rigatoni, walnuts recipe, pumpkin recipe, savory pumpkin recipe