Queso Chicken Chili! Creamy, spicy, and so easy. Made with roasted corn, jalapeño, and creamy Pepper Jack cheese. Super easy dinner!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups salsa, divided
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bell peppers, minced
- 1 14 ounce can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced (without ribs and seeds)
- 1 14 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 6 ounces Pepper Jack cheese
- cilantro for topping
- blue corn tortilla chips for yummy dippin’
- Place the chicken breasts, 1 1/2 cups salsa, water, cumin, chili powder and salt in the bowl of a slow cooker or Instant Pot. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-7 hours (or in the Instant Pot for 20 minutes on high pressure).
- Preheat oven to 450. Pat the peppers and corn dry with a paper towel. Place on a baking sheet with a little bit of oil. Roast for 10-15 minutes, until browned and… well, roasty-looking.
- When the chicken is done, shred the meat directly in the pot using two forks. Add the roasted peppers, roasted corn and jalapeño, black beans, remaining salsa, and cream cheese to the crockpot. Stir and replace cover, allowing the cream cheese to melt. Adjust the consistency of the soup by adding another 1/2 cup of water if needed. Let the soup simmer for another 15-30 minutes until everything is smooth and melted. Just before serving, stir in the Pepper Jack cheese.
- Spoon chicken chili into a bowl, top with avocado, scoop everything up with tortilla chips. REPEAT!
The equipment section may contain affiliate links to products we know and love.
If you’d rather cook your peppers and corn over a skillet: Place the bell peppers in a large nonstick skillet over high heat without oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes WITHOUT stirring. This creates the browned, roasted look out on the outside of the peppers. Stir once and repeat until the peppers are nice and browned. Set aside. Repeat this process with the corn and jalapeño together.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
Keywords: chicken chili, queso chicken chili, instant pot chicken chili, crockpot chicken chili