Quick Homemade Ramen – comes to life with fresh vegetables and herbs in just in 20 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons grated ginger
- 4 teaspoons grated garlic
- 4 cups broth (I used chicken, but vegetable would also work)
- 4 cups water
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 packages instant ramen (noodles only!)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions or chives
- 2 cup chopped kale
- 1 cups shredded carrots
- Sriracha to taste
- crunchy golden panko crumbs for topping (see notes)
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add the garlic and ginger; stir fry for 2 minutes or until soft and fragrant. Add the broth and the water. Bring to a simmer; add the mushrooms and simmer for 10 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened and the broth is flavorful.
- Add the instant noodles to the hot liquid and simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until the noodles have softened. Add the scallions and stir to combine. Remove from heat, stir in the kale and carrots, and top with crunchy panko crumbs (see notes) and hot sauce to taste.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
To make crunchy golden panko crumbs, heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the panko, stir for one minute or less, or until golden brown. Remove and place on paper towels to drain. You can also toss the panko with a little oil and toast them in the oven to get them golden and crispy.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: homemade ramen, easy homemade ramen, ramen noodles