Take the usual ramen up a notch with this quick homemade ramen. Fresh veggies and herbs make this extra delicious, healthy, and cozy!
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons grated ginger
- 4 teaspoons grated garlic
- 4 cups broth (I used chicken, but vegetable would also work)
- 4 cups water
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 packages instant ramen (noodles only!)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions or chives
- 2 cup chopped kale
- 1 cups shredded carrots
- Sriracha to taste
- crunchy golden panko crumbs for topping (see FAQs)
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add the garlic and ginger; stir fry for 2 minutes or until soft and fragrant.
- Add the broth and the water. Bring to a simmer; add the mushrooms and simmer for 10 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened and the broth is flavorful.
- Add the instant noodles to the hot liquid and simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until the noodles have softened. Add the scallions and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat, stir in the kale and carrots, and top with crunchy panko crumbs (see notes) and a soft-boiled egg (optional). Season with chili oil, hot sauce, sesame oil, and/or soy sauce and salt to taste.
To make crunchy golden panko crumbs, heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the panko, stir for one minute or less, or until golden brown. Remove and place on paper towels to drain. You can also toss the panko with a little oil and toast them in the oven to get them golden and crispy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian-Inspired
Keywords: homemade ramen, easy homemade ramen, ramen noodles