This Rainbow Chicken Salad is topped with tender chicken, plump grapes and berries, crisp lettuce, tangy feta cheese, crunchy almonds, and the real star – almond honey mustard dressing! Perfect for lunch or dinner!
For the Salad
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts (mine were cut into smaller, thinner pieces which made the sautéing a bit easier)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups grapes, halved
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 cups curly lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped or crushed
For the Dressing
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon stoneground mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with the salt, pepper, and chili powder. Saute in the oil for a few minutes, flipping the chicken now and then to cook through and get a nice golden color on both sides. When the chicken is cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut and prep all the vegetables and fruits. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into bite sized pieces. Place the salad ingredients in a large bowl – you can either arrange the bowl by ingredient, like pictured, or toss everything together. Refrigerate to chill.
- For the dressing, puree all the dressing ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Taste and adjust to your preferences. Pour dressing over salad and serve.
After snapping these photos, I threw some crumbled crispy onions on top for a little extra crunch and flavor. Bjork just about died of happiness.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: rainbow chicken salad, chicken salad, almond honey mustard dressing, honey mustard dressing