Caramelized red curry chicken sits next to a bed of hot, fluffy rice and steamed broccoli and then totally sauced up with the BEST spicy cashew sauce. Ooof, this is so, so good.
Red Curry Chicken Stir Fry:
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Spicy Cashew Sauce:
- 1 1/4 cup roasted salted cashews
- 1/2 cup water (more as needed)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of 1–2 limes (about 2 tablespoons, or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste or fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Veggies and Other:
- 2 cups small steamed broccoli florets (about 1 small head of broccoli or 1 frozen steam-in-the-bag)
- 2–3 cups cooked rice
- Make the Spicy Cashew Sauce: Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender until very smooth.
- Prep the Chicken: Cut the chicken breasts into very thin pieces. Toss with the cornstarch, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the Chicken: Add the avocado oil to a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Add the curry paste and brown sugar; cook for a few minutes to get it caramelizy and bubbly. Add the chicken. Toss once to coat in the sauce, then let it sit for several minutes to get the chicken nice and golden brown. Flip and repeat until chicken is cooked through. If needed, add 1-2 tablespoons of water to the pan to lift up any browned pieces that are stuck to the bottom.
- Serve: Serve the chicken on cooked rice, with cooked broccoli, with a lot of that yummy cashew sauce all over everything.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Asian-Inspired
Keywords: chicken stir fry, red curry chicken, stir fry