Nothing fancy to see here – just a healthy, delicious, vegan burrito bowl combo featuring spicy roasted cauliflower, pico de gallo, creamy refried black beans, rice, corn, avocado, and a good lime drench.
- 1 cup white or brown rice
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, divided
- 1 14-ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- half of a small onion, chopped
- juice of 2 limes + more wedges for serving
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 ears of corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 1 avocado
- your favorite hot sauce for topping
- Rice: Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Cauliflower: Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the cauliflower florets with the olive oil and half of the taco seasoning. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through to prevent burning.
- Beans: Combine the black beans, water, and remaining taco seasoning in a small saucepan. Bring to a low simmer. Mash the black beans with the back of a spoon until the mixture starts to get creamy. It should continue to thicken as it stays over medium low heat.
- Pico: Toss the tomatoes, onion, limes, and cilantro together to make a pico de gallo. Season with salt.
- The Moment of Glory: Build a big bowl with rice, refried beans, corn, pico de gallo, avocado, and a lime wedge. Top the bowl with your roasted cauliflower and add your hot sauce if you want!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: burrito bowl, vegan burrito bowl, cauliflower recipe, cauliflower bowl