So there’s burritos, and then there’s burrito bowls, and then there’s ROASTED CAULIFLOWER burrito bowls.
And right now, in my life, the roasted cauliflower burrito bowl combo is delivering big-time.
Why are roasted cauliflower burrito bowls just kind of the best thing ever? Definitely 50% magic. The other 50% is split between:
- aggressively spiced roasted cauliflower coated in some hot sauce;
- hot, steamy white rice;
- zippy pico de gallo;
- fresh sweet corn that is seriously SWEET;
- creamy mashed black beans;
- buttery avocado;
- a waterfall of lime juice and cilantro over the whole thing.
Safe to say I’m interested in all of the above. Sign me up. I’m making this every week. Don’t even try to stop me.
This does require a little bit of chopping, as most body-will-feel-good recipes do.
I like to start my cauliflower, get it roastin, and then just make a few big batches of toppings while the cauli does its thing: chop pico, mash beans, and cut corn off cobs.
Each individual element can be kept in a little container in the fridge, and then when it comes time to assemble a lunch or dinner bowl, you can move at hyperlapse speed to assemble the whole beautiful masterpiece.
I am not vegan in the real sense, so yes, there’s a 100% chance that I thwap some crema over the top of this bowl every time I make it.
But honestly, it stands alone. The flavors, the textures, the colors… remember, magic?
It’s basic, easy, nutritious, and VERY VERY YUMMY.
Would this also be amazing with some walnut chorizo sprinkled in the mix? DO I EVEN NEED TO ANSWER THAT?
How to make our Cauliflower Burrito Bowls (1 MIN):
Nothing fancy to see here – just a healthy, delicious, vegan burrito bowl combo featuring spicy roasted cauliflower, pico de gallo, creamy refried black beans, rice, corn, avocado, and a good lime drench.
- 1 cup white or brown rice
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, divided
- 1 14-ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- half of a small onion, chopped
- juice of 2 limes + more wedges for serving
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 ears of corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 1 avocado
- your favorite hot sauce for topping
- Rice: Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Cauliflower: Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the cauliflower florets with the olive oil and half of the taco seasoning. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through to prevent burning.
- Beans: Combine the black beans, water, and remaining taco seasoning in a small saucepan. Bring to a low simmer. Mash the black beans with the back of a spoon until the mixture starts to get creamy. It should continue to thicken as it stays over medium low heat.
- Pico: Toss the tomatoes, onion, limes, and cilantro together to make a pico de gallo. Season with salt.
- The Moment of Glory: Build a big bowl with rice, refried beans, corn, pico de gallo, avocado, and a lime wedge. Top the bowl with your roasted cauliflower and add your hot sauce if you want!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: burrito bowl, vegan burrito bowl, cauliflower recipe, cauliflower bowl
One more thing!
This recipe is part of our collection of best healthy bowls. Check it out!