Vegan Walnut Chorizo Tacos! Chipotle mayo! Pineapple salsa! Lime squeeze! Let me declare to the internet with a bullhorn – you do not need to be vegan to love these beauties.
This RECIPE is sponsored by ALDI
Today at the party we have:
Smoky walnut cauliflower chorizo (honestly though, the texture! it’s crumbly and flavorful and delicious just like chorizo).
Juicy-sweet pineapple salsa loaded with jalapeno, lime, and cilantro.
Avocado mash, quick purple cabbage slaw, and a nice swish of chipotle mayo on top, all tucked into a roasted tortilla.
How about a big ol’ Y-E-S to that?
Okay, here’s a bonus: you can buy all these ingredients at ALDI. No joke, I added up the cost of my ALDI taco ingredients and compared it to the cost of the ingredients from a different grocery store.
- Other store: $48.14
- ALDI: $24.44
HELLO MONEY IN MY POCKET. Let’s buy all our stuff at ALDI – juicy fresh pineapple and jumbo bag of would-have-been expensive walnuts included!
The Making of Vegan Walnut Chorizo Tacos
Alright, magical times ahead.
Cauliflower, walnuts, chipotles, and a pinch of spices. Pulse, bake, and you’re done.
Yeah, like if you haven’t done this yet, you haven’t really lived.
There are lots of other elements to this recipe – pineapple salsa, slaw, avocado mash, and chipotle mayo – and to me, all of them are necessary. What is the opposite of a taco minimalist? That is me. I want it all. Let’s do it all up.
But really, even though there’s a lot going on, it doesn’t take long. You know I have zero time for impractical food prep. While your cauliflower walnut taco meat bakes up, you are prepping all the stuffs. No biggie.
Then, you are stuffing the stuffs in a tortilla. With more stuffs.
Which brings us to this moment, where you’re grabbing a taco and drenching it with lime (more = more) and SERIOUSLY GOING TO TOWN.
These are my faaaaavorite tacos of summer, tied with these chicken tinga tacos. Between these two, Bjork and I cannot pick a winner.
SO MUCH LOVE TO THESE WALNUT CHORIZO TACOS! Mwah! Mwah! Mwah!
How to make our Walnut Chorizo Tacos:
Walnut Chorizo Tacos with Pineapple Salsa! Spicy walnut/cauliflower “meat”, fresh guacamole, tangy slaw, and a homemade pineapple salsa. My favorite tacos!
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups Southern Grove Walnuts, whole
- 2 individual Pueblo Lindo Chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon Stonemill Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pineapple, cored and diced
- 2 jalapeños, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice of 2 limes
- Purple cabbage
- WALNUT “CHORIZO”: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pulse everything in a food processor until evenly ground, similar to the texture of ground meat. Transfer to a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway to prevent browning.
- PINEAPPLE SALSA: Mix!
- PREP YOUR EXTRAS: Mash your avocados with some garlic powder, salt, and lime juice. Toss your shredded cabbage with lime juice, olive oil, and salt. Char the tortillas over an open gas burner.
- TACOS: Layer avocado mash, walnut chorizo, pineapple salsa, and slaw into a soft, warm, charred tortilla. Oh my gosh. Be amazed.
Also delicious with a drizzle of chipotle mayo (pictured) or a thwap of sour cream or Greek yogurt over the top!
Limes = more is more, if you ask me!
Thank you to ALDI for sponsoring this post!
One more thing!
This recipe is part of our collection of magical cauliflower recipes. Check it out!