Nutritious little bites of goodness, also known as energy bites, are pretty much always a yes. So what about when they are conveniently little energy bites that taste like peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough?
This post uses affiliate links to share the stuff we love! ♡
These energy bites are MY ENTIRE LIFE right now.
Like many other good recipes in my life including these Chicken Tinga Tacos which I make reeeeligiously, these energy bites came into my life by way of the Minimalist Kitchen cookbook – and so many positive reviews to prove it on Amazon!
These are energy bites, but also they are kind of cookie dough. I mean, let’s be real – these aren’t the butter and sugar kind of cookie dough, and I am all about that goodness in my life, too. But being that I’m pregnant, I can’t / probably shouldn’t eat cookie dough right now, and these energy bites are just checking all the flavor/texture/nutrition/convenience boxes for me while also reminding me of peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough.
Best Things About These Energy Bites:
- Main ingredients are always on hand: oats, coconut, peanut butter, honey, chocolate chips.
- But not, like, grossly nutritious, you know? They still taste really good and can stand in for dessert.
- Amazing texture. Just the right amount of squish and chunkiness.
- Excellent with coffee for a mid-morning snack.
- No dates!!! I repeat: NO DATES. I love dates as a base for energy bites and healthy desserts, but sometimes it’s nice to take a break.
How To Make Cookie Dough Energy Bites In Two Shakes:
First. Grind up your oats and your unsweetened coconut.
Now add your extras – and this is where you can have a little fun. I normally use honey, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and chia seeds (HEALTH, obviously).
But you can also use almond butter, maple syrup, no chocolate chips, hemp or flax or something else altogether. You get the idea.
Then, you are basically done.
Just roll up that “dough” into little balls and pop it into the freezer so they get nice and solid.
Once they are individually frozen, I like to store them in the fridge in a container with a lid. When I need a snack…
Pop goes the top, and there is my nutritious, bite-sized, cookie-dough-like energy bite!
I am making a batch of these little guys every 1-2 weeks, and it’s just my favorite thing about life right now.
Cookie dough foreverrrr!
Watch how to make our Cookie Dough Energy Bites (50 secs):
These nutritious little energy bites taste a whole lot like cookie dough! This recipe was adapted from the Minimalist Kitchen cookbook! The major changes that I made were omitting the dried fruit, using peanut butter instead of almond butter, and swapping chia for hemp.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (extra as needed)
- 1/2 cup honey (extra as needed)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Pulse the oats and the coconut until coarsely ground.
- Add peanut butter, honey, chia seeds, salt, vanilla, and chocolate chips. Pulse again until well-mixed and the chocolate chips are cut into smaller pieces.
- Roll into balls. (If it’s too dry, just add a little more honey / peanut butter and mix again – I usually just eyeball the amounts until it gets sticky enough).
- Freeze until solid. Store in freezer or refrigerator.
I have made anywhere from 20-40 bites with this recipe – it all just depends on how big you want them. 20 for a larger size, 30 for a medium size, and 40 for a smaller size.
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookie dough energy bites, energy bites recipe, healthy cookie dough energy bites
One more thing!
This recipe is part of our best healthy-ish recipes page. Check it out!