These nutritious little energy bites taste a whole lot like cookie dough! This recipe was adapted from the Minimalist Kitchen cookbook! The major changes that I made were omitting the dried fruit, using peanut butter instead of almond butter, and swapping chia for hemp.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (extra as needed)
- 1/2 cup honey (extra as needed)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Pulse the oats and the coconut until coarsely ground.
- Add peanut butter, honey, chia seeds, salt, vanilla, and chocolate chips. Pulse again until well-mixed and the chocolate chips are cut into smaller pieces.
- Roll into balls. (If it’s too dry, just add a little more honey / peanut butter and mix again – I usually just eyeball the amounts until it gets sticky enough).
- Freeze until solid. Store in freezer or refrigerator.
I have made anywhere from 20-40 bites with this recipe – it all just depends on how big you want them. 20 for a larger size, 30 for a medium size, and 40 for a smaller size.
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookie dough energy bites, energy bites recipe, healthy cookie dough energy bites