This recipe is sponsored by Land O’Lakes, Inc.
Well, well, well.
Looks like it’s summer, and I’m making spicy, creamy fettuccine and shrimp, and EVERYTHING ABOUT IT FEELS RIGHT.
Here’s what you need to know about this recipe in a hot second:
- quick pan-fried shrimp;
- creamy noodles;
- red pepper / garlic / butter / lemon-ish sauce vibes;
- yum to the max.
New flash: Shrimp are more delicious when tucked between flat, wide, chewy fettuccine noodles. And fettuccine noodles are more delicious when coated with a silky. spicy but not hot, garlic-forward sauce. And all of it just looks a little nicer when served up with a side of crisp, almost-sweet greens.
Should I frame this?
Here’s what else you need to know about this recipe:
It’s easy and freezer-friendly thanks to a red-pepper-garlic-compound-butter type deal.
But first, can we just establish that we are all using good quality butter?
Especially when butter is the main star, I need it to be GOOD butter. Like, would taste good on its own, with very little extra help. For such reasons, I am not above taste-testing stand-alone butter, and I don’t think it’s any shocker to anyone that Land O Lakes® Butter is just plain good.
Get Ready For Red Pepper Garlic Butter:
Okay, so the base of this recipe is a compound butter made with butter, red pepper, herbs, garlic, lemon, and a few spices.
Turn on your food processor… let it work for a bit…
And you end up with this beautiful and flavor-packed butter that can be a base for ALMOST ANY RECIPE EVER.
In the case of today’s recipe, the butter was already made and in the freezer, so I only had to think about four ingredients:
- Heavy Cream
That, plus your butter, and you’re winning a gold medal for Home Cook Who Makes Gourmet Meals Without Getting Flustered.
I fully intend to keep my freezer stocked with batches of this butter for quick meals at the ready this fall.
Seriously, the possibilities are endless here. Make that red pepper butter and use it with anything! Any pasta, any protein, any grain… I used it with salmon once, and chicken would be bomb, and I had a vision for shrimp with some buttery rice and a side salad… so yes, I’m kind of obsessed.
You do you! Go wild. These are my favorite kinds of recipes.
Red Pepper Fettuccine with Shrimp! It’s got quick, pan-fried shrimp, creamy noodles, and red pepper / garlic / butter / lemon-ish sauce vibes. Perfect quick and easy dinner!
Red Pepper Garlic Butter
- 1 cup softened, unsalted butter (we ♡ Land O Lakes® Butter!)
- 3 cloves garlic
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cups fresh herbs (see notes)
- 8 ounces jarred roasted red peppers, drained (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper for heat
- 1 teaspoon salt
Shrimp and Fettuccine:
- 16 ounces raw shrimp
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup reserved pasta water (or regular water if you forget)
- greens, lemons, and salt for serving
- Red Pepper Butter: Pulse all the butter ingredients in a food process until mostly smooth. Refrigerate or set aside. (You’ll have A LOT of butter and you’ll only need a few tablespoons for this recipe. Keep the extras in the freezer for more of this, or similar recipes, in the future!)
- Fettuccine: Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Add pasta back to warm pot and toss with 2-3 tablespoons red pepper garlic butter, cream, and water. Adding reserved water as needed to thin out the sauce.
- Shrimp: Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the red pepper garlic butter. Once the butter is melted, add shrimp and saute for a few minutes on each side until cooked through. To make it look creamy, add 1-2 tablespoons of the red pepper butter with a quick splash of cream to the hot pan and toss to combine.
- Serve: Divide the pasta and shrimp among 3-4 plates. Enjoy!
For the herbs in the butter, my favorites are a mix of parsley, green onion, and cilantro.
You could also use jarred calabrian peppers which are delicious in this!
Thank you to Land O’Lakes for sponsoring this recipe!