This recipe is sponsored by Land O’Lakes
Where my mushroom lovers at?! I know you’re here and I know you’re ready for this romantically heavy fork-twist of creamy mushroom fettuccine.
This creamy mushroom fettuccine is winter food at its most delushious. Like, if there was ever a reason to be a little less sad that it’s still winter and you’re going to stay in yet again for a date night, this would be it. Silky smooth noodles coated in just the right amount of luxurious sauce, speckled with garlic-buttery pan-roasted mushrooms. Oh yes we did. Bring it in. Group hug.
Here’s how this is going down.
First: We garlic-butter the pan – and how much do you love the term garlic-butter as a verb? A little garlic, a little butter, preferably Land O Lakes® salted, sweet cream butter. Because, some butter just tastes better, you know?
WATCH HOW TO MAKE OUR MUSHROOM FETTUCCINE:
Second: We throw in the mushrooms, and our garlic butter mushrooms become a creamy sauce. Add a little cream, add the rest of the butter (again, high quality, good-tasting cream and butter go a long way here which is why we are using Land O Lakes® for both). Now just stand there and watch, mesmerized, as it melts together. Very important step. Season with salt and pepper, and that’s literally all there is to it.
Finally: We toss our creamy sauce in with the hot fettuccine. A handful of finely grated Parmesan here and a little bit of reserved pasta water there are going to help the consistency get just right. As in: creamy, but not gloppy; luscious, but not overwhelming.
At this point I recommend just grabbing your tongs and tossing it all around again and again and again and watching with pure delight as it all comes together. It’s hot, steamy, and SO GOOD. Honestly, this is mega date night material.
Finishing touches: Parsley (always! need that green) and a dusting of fresh cracked black pepper.
If you want to be especially fancy – it is date night, after all – you can add a drizzle of truffle oil (!!) to the pasta. Just a tablespoon or two will do the trick.
And suddenly you’re working with restaurant-level deliciousness in a matter of 30 minutes or less. Recommended eating scenarios include as a side for some nice pan-seared chicken or steak, as its own thing with a green salad to fill out the plate, or literally straight out of the pan as you stand in the kitchen in your sweats. I mean, I don’t want to make assumptions about your date nights, but I am Team Fettuccine in Sweats for life.Print
Date Night Mushroom Fettuccine – elegant and luscious and FIVE INGREDIENT EASY.
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, divided
- 2 cloves fresh minced garlic, or a pinch of garlic salt
- 16 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms (more if you love mushrooms!)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- parsley for topping
- Clean the mushrooms. Add the garlic and mushrooms to a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of the butter. Sauté until the mushrooms are soft with deep brown color – 10-15 minutes. Add the cream and the rest of the butter. Simmer over low heat.
- Cook the fettuccine in a large pot according to package directions. Drain, reserving a little bit of the water, and return to pan.
- Add mushroom sauce to the hot fettuccine in the pan. Toss with tongs to mix. Add Parmesan and up to 1 cup of reserved pasta water as needed to get the consistency right. Season with salt and pepper. And now stand at the stove and eat it straight out the pan. So good.
If you forget to reserve your pasta water, just use regular water. The longer you let the fettuccine sit, the more water it might require to keep it creamy. A drizzle of truffle oil to finish will take it to the next level!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: mushroom fettuccine, creamy fettuccine, fettuccine dinner
Thank you to Land O’Lakes for sponsoring this post!
One More Thing!
This recipe is part of our best date night recipes page. Check it out!