Red Pepper Fettuccine with Shrimp! It’s got quick, pan-fried shrimp, creamy noodles, and red pepper / garlic / butter / lemon-ish sauce vibes. Perfect quick and easy dinner!
Red Pepper Garlic Butter
- 1 cup softened, unsalted butter (we ♡ Land O Lakes® Butter!)
- 3 cloves garlic
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cups fresh herbs (see notes)
- 8 ounces jarred roasted red peppers, drained (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper for heat
- 1 teaspoon salt
Shrimp and Fettuccine:
- 16 ounces raw shrimp
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup reserved pasta water (or regular water if you forget)
- greens, lemons, and salt for serving
- Red Pepper Butter: Pulse all the butter ingredients in a food process until mostly smooth. Refrigerate or set aside. (You’ll have A LOT of butter and you’ll only need a few tablespoons for this recipe. Keep the extras in the freezer for more of this, or similar recipes, in the future!)
- Fettuccine: Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Add pasta back to warm pot and toss with 2-3 tablespoons red pepper garlic butter, cream, and water. Adding reserved water as needed to thin out the sauce.
- Shrimp: Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the red pepper garlic butter. Once the butter is melted, add shrimp and saute for a few minutes on each side until cooked through. To make it look creamy, add 1-2 tablespoons of the red pepper butter with a quick splash of cream to the hot pan and toss to combine.
- Serve: Divide the pasta and shrimp among 3-4 plates. Enjoy!
For the herbs in the butter, my favorites are a mix of parsley, green onion, and cilantro.
You could also use jarred calabrian peppers which are delicious in this!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: red pepper fettuccine, fettuccine with shrimp, butter fettuccine