This Rustic Garlic Butter Pasta is loaded with roasted broccoli, sauteed mushrooms, and Parmesan cheese. Simply perfect for an easy dinner!
- 1 head broccoli, washed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Italian herbs or 2 tbs. fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, etc)
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne pasta
- 8 ounces mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- sea salt
- sharp, hard cheese for topping (like Parmesan)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss broccoli, oil, and herbs; scatter on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-30 minutes, stirring every so often to avoid burning. I usually roast until the outsides are just slightly crispy.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and season very generously with salt. Stir frequently until the mushrooms have a lightly browned outside and are soft, buttery and tasty (about 15-20 minutes).
- Stir in the flour with the butter and mushrooms if there is too much moisture. Add pasta and stir until well combined. Stir in roasted broccoli and top with cheese.