Spicy, peanutty, noodley bit of super easy comfort food coming your way! These gochujang noodles require just a handful of pantry ingredients – like ramen noodles, peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, and more – and come together in just 20 mins. Weeknight win!
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2–3 tablespoons gochujang sauce (like this one (affiliate link))
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1–2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1–2 cups broth or water for thinning the sauce
- 1 pound ground chicken (could also use pork)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 packets ramen or stir fry noodles (just the noodles)
- 1–2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup chives, scallions, cilantro, basil, or whatever herbs you like for topping
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili oil for finishing
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds for finishing
- Whisk the sauce ingredients (except the extra broth) in a small bowl or shake together in a jar. It should form a thick sauce.
- Cook the chicken in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Boil the noodles for just a few minutes to soften. Drain and set aside.
- When the chicken is done, add spinach, cooked noodles, and sauce to the pan, keeping it over medium high heat. Toss to combine; heat until the spinach is wilted. Add extra water or broth to thin the sauce, a little at a time, to get the sauciness that you like (I usually add about 1 1/2 cups total).
- Serve topped with fresh herbs, scallions, chili oil, sesame seeds, and whatever else you like.
The type of gochujang used will determine how spicy the noodles are. I’ve used both the Bibigo brand and P.F. Chang’s brand. With the P.F. Chang’s gochujang sauce, I felt like it was mild enough to serve to my kids. If you want to be sure, you can reduce the overall amount of gochujang and then just add a bit of extra heat with chili oil or the gochujang sauce for the spicy lovers right before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Korean-Inspired
Keywords: gochujang, noodles, stir fry, ground chicken, spicy noodles, weeknight dinner