Bringing you this creamy, rich Sausage, Kale, and White Bean Soup! Herby Italian sausage, kale, smoky paprika, creamy beans and potatoes, and a splash of cream. This is a must-make for soup season!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3–4 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (mild or hot)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 1–2 tablespoons flour (optional, makes it a bit thicker)
- 5 cups chicken broth
- one 15-ounce can of cannellini beans
- 4 medium potatoes, diced (any kind of potato will work)
- 2 stalks kale, ribs removed, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (can sub half and half)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper and lemon juice
- Onions, Garlic, and Sausage: Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic; sauté for 10 minutes or until very soft and fragrant. Add the sausage and cook until browned. Drain out excess grease.
- Spices: Add the smoked paprika and flour; sauté for one minute.
- Veggies: Add broth, a little at a time. Add potatoes; bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add kale and white beans and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Finish: Add half and half, salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste. VOILA!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sausage soup, sausage and kale soup, sausage and bean soup