Juicy little sheet pan meatballs that are salty, zesty, briney, and so so delicious. Pile them on tzatziki, spoon some punchy green sauce over top, and serve with a simple salad and crusty bread.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup capers or pitted castelvetrano olives
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- juice and zest of a lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt to taste
Sheet Pan Meatballs:
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup panko
- 1 lb. ground beef (the ButcherBox grass-fed grass-finished ground beef is top-notch)
- rustic hunks of bread for serving (I used a baguette)
- tzatziki (I used store-bought)
- tomato salad for serving (I made this one and threw some cucumbers into it)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Pulse the garlic, parsley, cilantro, capers, and walnuts in a food processor until chopped very finely (but not creamy / not a paste – you just want a fine chop! and you could do this by hand as well). This is your flavor base!
- Transfer half of the flavor base to a large bowl for the meatballs. Add all other meatball ingredients and mix thoroughly with your hands to combine. Roll into balls and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the other half of the flavor base to a smaller bowl; add lemon zest and lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste to make your sauce. Add red pepper flakes for heat if you want. It should look similar to a loose pesto or chimichurri.
- Serve meatballs over a swipe of tzatziki, with a hunk of rustic bread and a scoop of tomato salad. And drizzle, dip, and swish all of it through that punchy green sauce! BIG, BIG FLAVORS! So good!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mediterranean-Inspired
Keywords: sheet pan meatballs, meatball bowls, green sauce