This shrimp and feta orzo is such a fresh, easy meal that only takes a matter of minutes. Serve it as a main dish or pasta salad for a yummy spring meal!
- Kosher salt
- Good olive oil
- 3/4 pound orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds (16 to 18 count) shrimp
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup minced scallions, white and green parts
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill (I used less and it was fine)
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and medium-diced
- 3/4 pound good feta cheese, large diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and a splash of oil, and bring the water to a boil. Add the orzo and simmer for 9 to 11 minutes. Drain and pour into a large bowl. Whisk together the lemon juice, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Pour over the hot pasta and stir well.
- Meanwhile, place the shrimp on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and shallot. Toss to combine and spread out in a single layer. Roast for 5 to 6 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Add the shrimp to the orzo and then add the scallions, dill, parsley, cucumber, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Toss well. Add the feta and stir carefully. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend, or refrigerate overnight. (You can eat it warm and it’s still delicious!)
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: shrimp and feta orzo, orzo recipe, shrimp recipe