Simple Cinnamon Pumpkin Pancakes! So simple and deliciously sweet. Perfect treat for a cozy fall morning. Or dinner? Or both?
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (regular milk is fine too)
- 5 ounces plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder (yes, tablespoons!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of nutmeg, cloves, and/or all spice
- Whisk the eggs, pumpkin, olive oil, brown sugar, almond milk, and Greek yogurt together until smooth.
- Add the whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and spices. Stir until just combined.
- Preheat a skillet or griddle to medium high heat. Pour 1/3 cup batter onto the hot griddle and let cook for 3-5 minutes until bubbles rise to the top and the edges look dry. Flip the pancakes and let cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove and keep warm until ready to serve. Top with butter and maple syrup (or other ideas in the notes section below!) Keep leftovers in the fridge for a few days or freeze them to enjoy later.
Other topping ideas –> peanut butter and raw honey (yummm), pecans, pumpkin seeds, yogurt, turbinado sugar, almond butter, banana slices, and whipped cream.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin pancakes, cinnamon pancakes, pumpkin, cinnamon, breakfast