Simple Oat and Blueberry Crisp – refined sugar free and made with whole grains. Warm, juicy blueberries with a delicious crumbled topping.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup pecan halves (about 3/4 cup chopped)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (unsweetened, preferably!)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup or raw honey
- 4 cups blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Chop the pecans. Combine the oats, pecans, almond meal, coconut, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and maple syrup and stir until well mixed. GOOD LUCK NOT EATING THE WHOLE THING RIGHT HERE AND NOW.
- Grease a square baking dish (8×8 or 9×9) and arrange the blueberries in the bottom. Top with the oat mixture. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and has firmed up slightly. If you want, you can top with additional flaked coconut and return to the oven for another 5 minutes just for some decorative toasted coconut on top.
For the little drizzle on top, I creamed 8 ounces low fat cream cheese with 1/2 cup light coconut milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 tablespoons raw honey. That will give about 2 cups of coconut “sauce”, which is way more than you’ll need for the crisp, so you could either halve the ingredients to make less or just keep the leftovers in the fridge as a fruit dip, like I do! Num. Or just use ice cream, too!
The nutrition facts here do not include the coconut cream cheese drizzle – they are just for the blueberry crisp.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dessert crisp, blueberry crisp, pecan crisp, crisp recipe