Three cheers for summertime eating! Smoky black beans, sautéed with kale and garlic and spices, tucked into charred corn tortillas, and topped with the best feisty, punchy green sauce – Aji Verde!
Smoky Beans and Greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2–3 cups shredded kale (no stems, please)
- one 14-ounce can black beans
- 1 cup enchilada sauce (I like this one)
- 1 chipotle pepper, minced (or a sprinkle of ground dried chipotle spice)
- salt to taste
- of (optional)
- , with seeds and ribs to keep it spicy (remove for a mild version)
- cloves garlic
- juice of
- pinch of (to taste)
- fresh sweet corn, cut off the cob
- anything else you like on your tacos
- Make the aji verde: Blend aji verde sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Cook the beans and greens: Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add kale; sauté for 4-5 minutes until soft. Add beans, enchilada sauce, and chipotle. Season with salt. Simmer until the kale is very well-cooked and everything has taken on a roasty-tomato-chipotle kind of of vibe.
- Serve: Fill each tortilla with beans and greens, corn, and a heavy drizzle of aji verde sauce. Top with whatever else makes your heart happy. Mwah. So good.
- Category: Tacos
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Peruvian-Inspired
Keywords: black bean tacos, taco recipe, vegetarian tacos