Peanut Butter S’mores Bars: chocolate, peanut butter, and marshmallow sandwiched between two layers of a graham cookie crust. It’s everyone’s favorite summer snack (S’MORES, please!) in dessert bar form.
- 1/2 cup butter – I used Land O’Lakes® European Style Butter – it has a slightly higher percent milk fat and it is ultra delicious for baking
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 graham crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 4-ounce chocolate bars (the extra big, extra thick size)
- 1 7-ounce jar of marshmallow creme
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cookie Base: Beat the butter and both sugars. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Make a top layer: Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment and press 1/2 of the dough into the bottom of the pan. Lift out the parchment with the dough on it and set it aside – this will be your top cookie layer.
- Assembly: Line again with parchment and press the remaining dough into the bottom of the pan. Layer with the chocolate bars, peanut butter, marshmallow creme, and top cookie layer.
- Bake: Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool completely for best serving results.
For best serving (i.e. the cleanest slices), I recommend chilling in the fridge overnight. They hold together really nicely and cut into very clean bars when completely cool. The bars pictured here have been resting at room temperature for a few hours which is why the marshmallow creme looks awesomely gooey. Also delicious, just a little harder to eat.
While the peanut butter is optional, it does make these bars pretty next-level. I’ve used both smooth and crunchy in this recipe. Melting the peanut butter makes it a little easier to spread over the chocolate, and if your peanut butter gets mixed in with the marshmallow creme, that’s totally fine.