Southwest Turkey Breakfast Stacks – quinoa, black beans, spicy turkey and eggs, and shredded cheese in a jar for quick and easy breakfasts and lunches! heat in the jar, toss in a tortilla, and voila! best meal prep for breakfast AND lunch!
- 2 cups quinoa and/or brown rice
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1–2 tablespoons southwestern seasoning (I used a pre-made mix, and also a little extra chili powder)
- a generous pinch of salt
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Sargento Artisan Blends Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- QUINOA: Cook the quinoa or brown rice.
- TURKEY AND EGGS: Brown the turkey with olive oil, onion, seasoning, and salt. When turkey is fully cooked and a deep golden brown color, remove from heat and add the eggs, stirring continuously to create smooth, creamy, scrambled eggs mixed with the meat. Stir in the cilantro and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- LAYER: Layer quinoa/brown rice, turkey egg mixture, black beans, and remaining cheese in jars. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. When ready to eat, heat for 1-2 minutes in the microwave and serve either on its own or in a tortilla as a breakfast burrito or breakfast tacos. Add salsa, hot sauce, or avocado for serving.
Keeps in the fridge for up to 4 days. We also like using other Sargento varieties like Sharp Cheddar Cheese or 4 Cheese Mexican. Go cheese!
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: turkey breakfast stacks, spicy turkey and eggs breakfast, quinoa and eggs breakfast