This spicy hummus is topped with crushed red pepper, feta cheese, and olive oil. A healthy, easy snack with crackers or veggies!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs. tahini
- 1 squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- salt to taste
- cayenne to taste (I would start small with 1/4 teaspoon)
- Put chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne in a food processor. Process until a thick paste forms.
- Add the oil (streaming it in while the food processor is running seems to work best) and continue to add 1 tbs. of water at a time, until the consistency smooth and spreadable.
- Sprinkle extra cayenne on top for more spice, and feta to cool things down!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: spicy hummus, hummus recipe