This Spicy Peanut Chicken Soba Noodle Salad is loaded with flavor and tossed with a super quick spicy peanut sauce. Definitely a favorite! YUM!
For the Salad
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 each red, green, and yellow bell pepper
- 8.8 (250 grams) soba noodles
- fresh cilantro or basil to taste
For the Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons water
- 5 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- half of a jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Place the chicken in the water and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. When chicken is cool enough to handle, shred with your hands or with two forks. Set aside. Meanwhile, cut the bell peppers into very thin strips – it makes the salad extra awesome if they are thin and easy to wrap your fork around, almost like a little noodle.
- Puree all the ingredients for the Spicy Peanut Sauce in a food processor, adding the peanuts last so you can control how smooth the sauce will be (I like to leave some pieces of crushed peanut in the sauce).
- Cook the soba noodles according to package directions. Drain and toss with the chicken, veggies, fresh cilantro, and Spicy Peanut Sauce. Serve hot or cold – but I recommend cold! Yummay.
Nutrition information is for 10 servings.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: chicken soba noodle salad, soba noodle salad, peanut chicken soba noodle salad