Spicy Posole with Cheesy Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins – One of my favorites for meal prep lunching. Posole plus some cornbread? YUM.
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage (or other meat, or try this veg version)
- a pinch of taco seasoning, chili powder, cumin, salt, etc.
- 2 14-ounce cans fire roasted tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 14-ounce cans white hominy, drained
- 1 14-ounce can black beans
- toppings: cilantro, cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips
Cheesy Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins:
- 1 box cornbread mix (any kind works, or make them from scratch)
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- 1/2 cup Sargento shredded 4-cheese Mexican cheese blend
- Brown the sausage in a large pot over medium high heat. Season with taco seasoning or other spices and salt. Drain over a bowl to remove excess grease.
- Return sausage to pan and add tomatoes, hominy, and beans.
- Refill two 14-ounce cans with water and add it to the pot.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- For the muffins, mix according to package directions and stir in the jalapeño and cheese. Bake according to package directions.
- Serve soup with toppings and cornbread muffins.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: posole, spicy posole, mexican posole, spicy cornbread muffins, cornbread muffins