Spicy Tofu Burgers! YES. Crumbled tofu pressed together with lemongrass, sriracha, and fresh herbs, all browned up into a delicious flavor-bomb burger.
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1–2 tablespoons sriracha (for medium or hot, add more sriracha)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 shallot, very finely minced
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- 5 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- buns (toasted, please)
- bell peppers
- more herbs
- Press the water out of your tofu using a tofu press or just laying a heavy pan on top of it for 20-30 minutes.
- Mash the tofu using your hands or a spoon until it’s crumbly. Mix in the remaining burger ingredients. Form into 4 patties.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Fry the burgers in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil first to get the outsides nice and browned. Then transfer to the oven and bake for 20-or-so minutes, until the burgers are firm to the touch on the outside. (You can throw some peppers or onions in the pan with the burgers if you want to cook them up at the same time.)
- Serve on toasted buns with sriracha, mayo, and fresh veggies and herbs (bonus points if you make quick pickled veggies because YUMMM).
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spicy tofu burger, tofu burger, vegan burger